New Zealand lanolin is rich in Vitamin D3
Similar to substances found in humans skin - it acts as an excellent emollient - helping to soothe, moisturise and protect the skin whilst also functioning as an occlusive to help prevent moisture loss though the epidermis
High in alpha hydroxy acids, which are commonly touted as having anti-aging and wrinkle reducing properties
Did you know that some of the most popular conditioner brands contain lanolin oil in it?
Most of us would be chasing and will do whatever it takes to have a silky smooth and soft hair and when looking for ingredients to soften, repair and moisturize dry brittle hair, lanolin is well-known and can help keep your natural locks healthy and moisturized.
So is it really good for the hair? Does adding lanolin oil to your hair care regimen give some positive impacts to your locks?
Here are some of the lanolin benefits to your hair you probably didn’t know about:
It keeps the hair shiny, bouncy and moisturized.
Because lanolin is known to have deep moisturizing properties, adding it to your hair care routine will create a natural protective layer that will minimize the risk of hair breakage and damage.
It protects the scalp against irritation.
It is known to have a n anti-inflammatory property that can reduce and soothe skin and scalp irritations. It goes deeply within the surface, keeping the scalp moisturized and protected.
It minimizes and prevents dandruff and itching and flaking.
Since it works to condition the scalp, it is also known to reduce dandruff and itchiness. Just a small amount of lanolin oil over the scalp once a week
How to use and apply lanolin oil onto the hair:
Apply a dime-size of lanolin oil on to your scalp and hair and use it as a pre-shampoo treatment. It is best used in damp hair to coat every strand easily and lock in the moisture better.
Gently massage then apply the right amount of your favorite shampoo onto your hair and rinse thoroughly with water.
Other Lanolin Uses:
- Skin moisturiser
- Mechanical lubricant
- Effective for long term corrosion protection / rust proofing on metals
- Helps prevent barnacle and slime growth on boat hulls and propellers
- Helps to waterproof surfaces and objects - won’t wash off or dry out easily
- Excellent in restoring and protecting leather
- Protection for dog paws and horse hooves through prevention of drying / cracking with added benefits of helping to heal cuts, scrapes and burns
- No Petrolatum
- No Parabens
- No Mineral Oil
- No Sulfates
- No PEGs
Please note: We cannot take responsibility for any allergic reactions a user may have. If a reaction does occur, please discontinue use.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
- Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device