Getting Lash Extensions Right
If you are ready to try last extensions at home, here are some great tips that can help you learn how easy they are to apply and enjoy!
- Put a small amount of glue into the glue ring.
- Pick up the first clump of lashes with your tweezers and dip the end into the glue ring. You don't need a lot of glue.
- Working from the outside edge of your eye, apply the lash directly to your lash line, on top of your lash. You want it to adhere to the lashes themselves, not directly on the skin. This way it will grow out with the lashes.
- Adjust placement before the glue dries - usually 30-60 seconds.
- Dip the next false lash into the glue and place it directly beside the last one you applied. You want them to sit very close together so that they appear quite full.
- Continue along the eyelid, working towards the inner edge of your eye.
- If you want a dazzling look, put another layer of extensions on top of the first or add just a few extras to add to the fullness.
- When you have all the lashes on, make sure to let them set for at least half an hour. Then don't get them wet for the first 12-24 hours.
- Use the mascara wand to brush any that are clumped together.
- If you wish to apply mascara, only apply it to the tips of the lashes and do so lightly. Be sure that you do not use waterproof mascara!
Be very careful not to get anything in your eye. If you aren't comfortable working around your eyes, you should probably go to a professional instead!
Remember to relax and take it slowly. These things take practice! You might wish to start with a few individual lashes before going for a full application. It will be well worth it when you feel the glam of lush and full lashes.
Of course there are plenty of how-to videos on youtube to help! Here is one of many: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=di8ROtBrfHE